Eka teaches with attention to each person in the class, and I am impressed by his clarity in teaching about the physiological effects of each posture. In addition to the focus on the physical, Eka is very attuned energetically. I each class feeling inspired to keep opening and learning.
Is the science and art of maintaining a vibrant physical body for the purpose of realizing inner and outer freedom. Spanning many different practices, it is a super rich system that is focused on practical maintenance of the body. It includes:
- ShatKarma: cleanses for the eyes, ears, mouth, throat, skin, digestive organs, sinuses, lungs…
- Yoga-Asana: collection of physical postures that stretch, tone, stimulate, cleanse and balance
- Pranayama: specific breathing techniques that makes you aware of your breath, while increasing its capacity, relaxation, and potency
- Tantra: cultivation and control of subtle energy through mental focus, visualization and emotionality for the purpose of profound transformation.
- Mantra: practices of vibration, vocalization and resonance to focus and transform
In my classes, I mix all of these components, with a focus on physical fitness, stress management and physical healing.
Come to my yoga classes:
- If you want a body you can trust and feel good in
- If you want to strengthen your mental capacity
- If you want to visit your doctor and pharmacy less
- If you want to move through a life transition more smoothly
- If you are moving through hormonal changes such as puberty, menses, menopause, etc.
The cornerstones of my approach to Yoga:
- Holistic Fitness: including mental and emotional development in physical fitness
- Tensegrity: ‘tensional integrity’, the engagement and balancing of opposing forces to create heightened integrity
- Solar-Sacral Battery: awakening the power of the core and spine for deeper strength, longevity, flexibility, concentration and healing
- Sukhasana: ‘seat of sweetness’, finding the internal posture or attitude of sweetness, which I define as ‘judgement-free, relaxed and curious alertness’
- Play: embodied research into the state of play and its effects, fun/wonder/spontaneity/adaptation
- Subtle Circuitry: development of the sensitivity and control necessary to strengthen the flow of body energies (udana, prana, samana, apana, vyana) and the conductivity of the inner energy channels (nadis/chakras)
- Body Gratitude: direct connection to feelings of love and appreciation for your physical body